Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Car repair done and more friends showed up at our park today, just too much fun!

Where are we today ?
        Just more  wonderful weather again today temps in the high 70's (25c). Walkabouts and stuff, then to the garage in Arkona to get our car fixed at 8 am. New ignition switch again, they offered to drive me back to the campground, but I was prepared to wait, brought my book and they have a nice waiting room with couches, tv and fresh coffee. So got to enjoy some nice quiet time enjoying my book for about 3 hours, few walkabouts there every once in a while and before I knew it car was good as new. 
        Back home in time for lunch then time to take our laundry next door and let the machines do their work. While laundry working Suzie makes our coach sparkle inside and I do some outside stuff, check tires etc....  before we hit the road in the morning. Had my shower and went to the gym for a bit, then whipped up a nice spaghetti sauce to simmer for the afternoon, lotsa veggies that need to marry the flavors together.
        Mid afternoon our friends Rob, Pat and Lady Girl arrived, a surprise visit and once set up they joined us for a wonderful "Happy Hour" with Emile and Monique, even Ron and Freddie dropped in to!  Such a nice time we had. Catching up all of us together again. Think the last time for all of us was late January in Quartzstie Arizona.
Freddie and Lady Girl,
more doggie fix for Suzie
we are enjoying a wonderful afternoon
           Nice to catch up again with everybody before we head out in the morning.  Had packed up our Weber Q for the night because the plan was a spaghetti squash with this very tasty vegetarian sauce that had simmered all afternoon.
oh so tasty
          That was our fun day, how was yours?
          Thanks for stopping by again for a visit.
Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle.
 Check out the map below to see where we have been this Spring
View Summer 2014 in a larger map

14 comments:

  1. Can you even remember the days when you had to work all the time, nose to the grind and not all these great days that you're now experiencing? It seems like so long ago ... doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like it was a century ago. Do we miss it? Not!
      This the best job we ever had.

      Delete
  2. What is with these ignition switches? Two for you as I recall and one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I knew and they aren't cheap either. I have had more the 30 cars in 50 years and this is the first one that I had to replace not one but two ignition switches.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Jeri...all those years of working seem like another life. This is way better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignition issues are what is causing General Motors so much recall and financial grief. Were you not covered under the massive recall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that we know of it is a 2002 Saturn that they do not make anymore.

      Delete
  5. It just amazes me how many folks you and Suzie meet up with... and meet up with and meet up with again.... and again. Of course I've no doubt that we'll meet up with again one of these days so I shouldn't be so surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just keep running into these people everywhere.
      I am sure we will meet up with you guys again too.
      Have too much fun there.

      Delete
  6. that spaghetti squash and sauce looks outstanding! would you share the recipe? and YES you always have such great days .... that's good stuff, George!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce was easy, in one large pot I saute'd 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms, a chopped onion, two chopped peppers, one red one yellow, about 3 tsp chopped garlic, small chopped zuchinni, and 12 oz of Vegetable ground round (or you can add cooked hamburg, turkey chicken or nothing). Then I added I can spaghetti sauce (this one with roasted garlic and peppers) and let it simmer, the longer the better, so rich and tasty. Add spices to taste, Use no salt , but some pepper, and salt free Italian seasoning.

      Delete
    2. ohhhhh thanks, George ... gonna try this for sure... I have not seen vegetable ground round?! and jeeez almighty I'm here where the closest place for this type of food is 3 hours away!!! I'm going to have to order online... sure miss my stores...

      thanks again...

      Delete
    3. Quite often we do not have access to it either, but it does the trick though. Enjoy it.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.